Sunday, May 2, 2010

It's a girl!!


This last Thursday, we finally got to see our little one in our first ultrasound. It was one of the most amazing experiences of our lives! We both watched in amazement at what we made. The tech first made sure that everything looked good, then told us we had a happy, energetic little girl coming in a few months. She moved and squirmed the entire ultrasound (like she is as I'm typing this).



It was so amazing to watch her squirm and stretch. Brent tried to see if the tech could tell whose hairline she would have, but she said she couldn't tell. I do like to think that she already has my nose. :) We can't wait to officially meet little Isla Jean in September!


10 comments:

Lindsay Z said...

Look at your sweet little princess!! Isla Jean is darling. I'm getting excited to throw a shower!!

Shannon said...

Oh, she is squirmy! :) I can't wait to meet her! Last week my 7th grade classes ran a preschool in my class. There was a little girl named Isla, and she was really cute :)

Chuck said...

I love the name!

Paige said...

Congratulations you two!!! Thank heaven for little girls! :) It was so great to see you a few weeks ago. Can't wait to meet your little girl!

Erin said...

Yay! It's amazing, too, when they arrive, how much they really do look like those first pictures you ever got of them. Our baby's profile really does look just like the same person I saw at 16 weeks. Incredible.

Erin said...

Oh, and I didn't even notice the name! Very pretty. How do you pronounce the first name? IS-luh? Our Eyes-luh? Or Eye-luh?

Kristen said...

Thank heaven for little girls! Yeah! So excited for you two!

Allison said...

Thanks, girls! We couldn't be more excited. Erin... you did get the right pronunciation on the third attempt. :) It's pronounced eye-luh. She'll hate us for it, but it'll build character. :)

Abraham and Sara said...

Yay for fun pictures! She will be just lovely.

HILLARY said...

YEAH! That will be so fun!